Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
Students will be well equipped to seek a career as :
• Safety & Health Officers
• Site Safety Supervisor,
• Industrial Hygiene technicians,
• Authorized Gas Testers.
Students will find employment in organizations such as :
• Heavy Industry manufacturing plants
• Oil & gas facilities
• Chemical factories
• Production plants
• Training institutes
• Construction firms
• January, May & August
STUDY MODE & DELIVERY METHOD
Full Time studies delivered through the following
• Practical Laboratory sessions
• Industrial training
• Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian Studies)
• Fundamental English 1
• Introduction to Occupational Safety
• Bahasa Kebangsaan A / Bahasa Kebangsaan B
• Fundamental English II
• Fire Skills
• Introduction to Occupational Hygiene
• Introductory Chemistry
• Occupational Safety and Health Law
• Human Body Form and Function
• First Aid and Emergency Planning
• Fundamentals Of Microbiology
• OSH Statistics
• Introduction to Occupational Health
• Introduction to Ergonomics
• Workplace Action Research Project I
• OSH Management System I
• Risk Identification And Assessment Control
• Occupational Disease, Prevention and Control
• Emergency Response Plan
• OSH Management System II
• Machinery And Equipment Safety
• Occupational Toxicology
• OSH Information And Data Systems Management
• Occupational Safety and Health Practice
• Workplace Action Research Project II
• Business Organisation Management
• Introduction to IT and Application
• Organizational Behaviour
THE CUCMS ADVANTAGE
A Decade of Teaching Experience
With over 10 years of experience in providing quality tertiary education, CUCMS has a robust, industry
relevant curriculum taught by dedicated healthcare experts.
A Top Tier University
Rated as a Tier 5, (Excellent) institution by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, we also boast a SIRIM
ISO 9001:2008 QMS certification further ensuring a high quality education experience.
A Network of Successful Graduates
Over 1500 successful healthcare professionals have graduated with us. At CUCMS you will be part of a
growing alumni of professionals who are contributing to the advancement of the healthcare industry.
Comprehensive Range of Programmes
We offer over 20 healthcare programmes including postgraduate studies that opens up a range of
career options in the healthcare industry ensuring a bright and fulfilling future.
Fully Equipped Campus
Here you will find a modern, green-friendly, campus at the heart of Cyberjaya, Malaysia’s Smart City
with fully equipped research laboratories, comprehensive library collections and student support
facilities to ensure a conducive learning environment.
High Degree of Student Empowerment
Students are empowered to achieve greater personal growth and success through volunteerism,
humanitarian activities and extra-curricular society such as Young Mercy (in collaboration with MERCY
Student-Centered Team-Based Learning
Our teaching model creates an environment of active personal participation and involvement in group
learning such as problem-based-learning (PBL) sessions that enhances positive teamwork and leadership.
Affective Domain Training
We provide a holistic learning experience that emphasizes on reflection sessions, peer, self and mentor
feedback and folio records to ensure an all rounded nurturing of graduates.
Real World Experience
We have formed strategic alliances with the Malaysian Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Health and other
international healthcare institutions to allow use of their excellent facilities in clinical trainings.
Our academicians have been active researchers, regularly contributing to the growing body of knowledge
through research collaborations with leading partner universities and renowned pharmaceutical
companies in Malaysia.